Monday, February 14, 2011

...looking for an outlet, I guess

It's kind of tough sometimes when people look at me and comment how I'm not using my cane. It can be a Catch-22. They're right...it is good that I'm not using my cane, but my feet are still numb even though you can't tell just from looking at me. I don't drive because I don't feel comfortable that my reaction time woould be fast enough if something or someone jumped in front of the car. This can be isolating...fortunately there's Facebook...my way of social contact. Also, fortunately, I have Ollie, my dog. I don't mean to sound like I'm discounting Jamie, but he definitely has his own activities and there are nights when I find myself at home alone. Well, except for the dog and the cat.

I keep myself busy though. I have been working on Jamie's dad's side of the family tree. What a lot of discoveries there are...this could be a never ending project, if I wanted it to be. All I have to do is pick another branch of the tree. I'm definitely looking forward to researching my side of the family, but that becomes a bit more complicated. My parents are both from Europe. My dad came over on a boat when he was 7. My mom came here when she was 18. In order to research this line on Ancestry, I would need a world subscription. That is significantly more expensive, so I'm going to stick with the Brownell side for now.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment