Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2.23.11

I'm a spoonie. For those of you who don't know what that means, here's a link.

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/

If I didn't take one of my medications, Provigil, I would have to hold many more spoons in reserve. On the days that I've forgotten to take Provigil, or my prescription has run out, I can barely make it to noon without having to leave work to go home and take a nap. When I've had to do that, I usually end up taking a 4 hour nap. Unbelievably, I am able to sleep through the whole night afterwards. At night I take Ambien. It's not so much to help me fall asleep but to help keep me asleep. When I haven't taken the Ambien, I wake up at 4 to 4:30 in the morning. At that point, I'm not going take a pill so the only thing that I've found that works is to take a shower with the lights off. The dark and the warm water helps me to feel cozy and sleepy and I can fall back to sleep. You know, you'd think that if I stopped taking both the meds, I'd be fine...unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment