Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3.9.11

Not sure how many of you have heard of the newly approved oral medication for MS, Gilenya.

http://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/product/pi/pdf/gilenya_pmg.pdf

I've had friends and family ask me if I've thought about trying this new medicine. It hasn't crossed my mind to switch since Tysabri is working so well for me. I asked my doctor about it, not because I wanted to take it but more because I was curious. I was also told that it doesn't make sense to switch therapy when then one that I'm on is working. Besides, I have a hard enough time remembering my other pills. If I miss those, it's not great, but not a deal-breaker. Missing medication that is meant to keep my brain from scarring itself...probably not a good thing.

In future posts, I going to find more information on Multiple Sclerosis that is explained in layman's terms instead of medical terms...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment