Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3.8.11


My work was closed yesterday due to the snowstorm. The picture above is of our COVERED back porch. Looking out the sliding glass doors yesterday it was hard to tell how deep the snow is since there was nothing for perspective. It all looked very flat. It wasn't until Ollie went out to go to the bathroom that I could see really how much snow there was. Jamie was wonderful...he cleared the driveway with the snowblower as well as shoveling out a spot for Ollie. Unfortunately, Jamie had to go to work - the Outdoor Gear Exchange is ALWAYS open. Actually, it makes sense...no one can drive...none of the stores are open downtown, except for the OGE...pretty smart really.
I like the clean new look of a fresh snowfall. On Facebook, I saw many comments from people that don't live in Vermont saying, "I don't know how you deal with it." Frankly, I like the snow and the cold - not bone-chilling cold - but there's a reason that I live in VT. Lots of snow outside makes it feel cozy inside...especially, when you have a nice new insulated house :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the same here. I also like winter but the chilling winter is not that good to me and I like the outdoor gears that are especially made for winter like winter jackets and coats, skis and others when go outside.

    ReplyDelete